Google
 

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Samosa Chaat

After the customary weekend trip to Indian stores I returned with few samosas and few other ingredients. I was too lazy to make the samosas at home and hence bought it from the store. If you have time and interest, you can make fantastic samosas at home by following this link. Chaat of any form amuses me and so decided to make samosa chaat with the samosas I brought this weekend. I followed the recipe for the Chaat from mykhazana, but since the recipe for chutney wasn’t available in mykhazana, I made itself in the following way.

Tamarind / Imli chutney.

Mix tamarind paste with required amount for salt, sugar, cumin powder and 1 green chilly.

For mint chutney followed the recipe as of mykhazana and used tomato sauce instead of tomato chutney. You can add a bit of dahi with chaat masala to make dahi chaat.

Serve the samosa chaat as an evening snack.


Click here for Samosa Chaat Recipe

4 comments:

EC said...

hi..samosa chat is my favourite and my mouth has started watering hearing it. do check out my blog on microwave cooking and crafts

http://easyindianfood.blogspot.com

http://easycrafts.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I was wondering if you could help me figure this out. I had a dish in India, Bombay to be precise that was a type of chat and I'm not sure which one it was. It was a sweet and mildly spicy chick pea snack with crunchy noodles and bits of onion, mango and tomato and a ton of cilantro leaves on top and it was served cold. It was the best thing I've ever eaten and I have not been able to find a recipe for it online. I think that the problem that I've been having is that everyone refers to this as samosa chat, when it really wasn't. Do you have any idea as to what it was? Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Anonymous...it could be Sev Puri...your description matches....It is served Chill and it is hevenly

Anonymous said...

Hi Anonymous....it could be Sev Puri and it is served Chill and is heavenly.